It's the perfect curation to knit our sample hats, such at the Llariega by Belen Fernandez and Flaked by Amy Miller. Patterns that we chose to highlight the beautiful stitch definition that our farm raised botanical dyed yarn boasts!
These hat packs are available in both DK and Worsted weights, so your winter hats will knit up easy and fast. They work with so many color work patterns, including our favorites that you can find on our Ravelry MWC Samples library page.
Hat packs include YARN ONLY - these are not kits. Please purchase your pattern from your favorite designer.
- Cormo OR Targhee next to skin farm raised yarn DK weight
- Might Include Farm Friends, our Finn/targhee/Longwool Irish tweed blend
- All yarns within the packs knit at the same gauge
- 3 ply woolen spun
- DK Gauge 5.5 sts per inch on US size 6 needles 22 sts = 4"
- DK crochet hook size G 6
- Worsted Gauge 5 sts per inch on US size 7-8 needles 20 sts = 4"
- Worsted crochet hook size H 7
- dyed by hand on the farm using sustainably sourced plants, insect shells & food waste
OPTIONS - WORSTED
- A - 50g 137YDS raw, 4 EACH OF 40 YARDS including INDIGO, AVOCADO,RAW, MARIGOLD = 297 YDS TOTAL
- B - 50g 137YDS raw, 4 EACH OF 27 YARDS including INDIGO, AVOCADO,Mighty Mackinac, MARIGOLD = 245 YDS TOTAL
OPTIONS - DK
- E - (PERFECT FOR LLARIEGA) INCLUDES A MINIMUM OF: 88YDS RAW, 66YDS FARM FRIENDS, 13 YDS MARIGOLD
- F - (PERFECT FOR LLARIEGA) INCLUDES A MINIMUM OF: 88YDS RAW, 66YDS Avocado, 13 YDS MARIGOLD
- G - (PERFECT FOR LLARIEGA) INCLUDES A MINIMUM OF: 88YDS CUTCH, 66YDS INDIGO, 13 YDS NATURAL
- H - (PERFECT FOR FLAKED) INCLUDES 50g 137 YDS Indigo over Mint, 50YDS MADDER, 25 YDS RAW
- I - (PERFECT FOR FLAKED) INCLUDES 50g 137 YDS Indigo over Mint, 50YDS MARIGOLD, 25 YDS RAW
Never super washed, the yarn in this collection has been naturally mordanted to lock in the color as much as possible. Spinning oils from the mill have been removed using plant based laundry soap. We then hand dye it ourselves using sustainably harvested plants, insects & food waste. Scroll down for details on each of our hand dyed color ways.
Natural dyes are like snowflakes, each skein will vary and you should alternate skeins throughout your piece to achieve a subtle blend. Do not dry or store in direct sun. Hand wash & care for it like the heirloom it is. Natural dyes soften & fade like your favorite jeans, getting softer in hue with time. This is not a defect. It's nature.
Cutch comes from the bark of the Acacia Catechu tree and was originally from India and regions of Asia. Ours is sourced from an American company that creates concentrates.
Cindy brews a traditional fermented indigo vat to create this delightful blend of classic denim blue ranges. The Indigo is sourced from an organic grower in North Carolina. Note- Indigo and Madder both CROCK. This is Normal. Read more here:
Madder is derived from a root and has been used to dye rich reds since the 16 & 17th century, with found textiles retaining their color hundreds of years later! Originating from the subcontinent of India, Central Asia and Europe.
This shade of true green has been a goal of Cindy & Sherry since we started out in this botanical dyeing venture. Green is tough, it doesn't seem like it would be but obtaining a true Irish/Kelly/Mossy/Spring Grassy goodness is kind of tricky. There was a lot of dull grey to get to this glorious GREEN. Cindy achieved it with Mulberry and chlorophyll.
Dyed with plants grown on the farm. Our spent dye matter is fed to the pigs and cattle after we're done using it. That is some safe planet impact!!
Avocado pits & skins are dried to develop this gorgeous range of ballet pink hues.